Matrix Element Series Firmware Update
- Firmware Update
- 16 Nov, 2021
Earlier this year, Matrix announced their first Spotify Connect enabled product, the streaming DAC X-SABRE 3. And now they have announced the new firmware for Matrix element devices are available for download. Users can enjoy Spotify music through Matrix element devices now.
The implementation of Spotify to the Matrix devices, is different from the TIDAL and Qobuz integration. Customers no need to log in their Spotify account in the app by Matrix, instead, simply open Spotify app, find Matrix products in the "Device Picker" of Spotify, and select the device. Then the music will be played at your Matrix's audio device.
Applicable models: Element X、Element P、Element M、Element i
Firmware version: C02001
- Spotify Connect integrated.
- Fixed the issue that the element device displays an incorrect status when the network drive is offline.
- Fixed the issue that the element device cannot enter Wi-Fi configuration mode when the Dimmer option is set to 5 sec.
- Fixed the issue that under Dimmer mode, when pressing the Standby button, the device enters Standby mode directly instead of quits the Dimmer mode first.
- Fixed the issue that under Network input mode, the Playing icon displays incorrectly on the device screen.
- Fixed the issue that the bit depth is displayed incorrectly when DSD file is playing.
- When performing a factory reset, the device's name will also be changed to default name.
- Remove streaming account from the device when performing a factory reset.
How to update:
Let the element device at the same network with your phone, find the Configure page of the device in MA Remote app, tap "Check for update", perform the firmware update following the instructions.
How to use Spotify：
Install Spotify on your phone, tablet or computer, log in your Spotify account, find the music, in the Playing interface, tap the icon to open Device Picker, select the Matrix device you would like to play the music with.
Please note, when you enter the Device Picker interface on an iPhone or iPad for the first time, your app will ask for the permission of find and connect to devices on your network. Please allow it.
With the latest version of MA Remote app, you would see the track in the Playing interface, you can play/pause, next/previous, enable/disable repeat and shuffle through MA Remote app.
MA Remote v3.0
MA Remote is a companion app for Matrix element X, element P, element M and element i. With MA Remote, users can browse the music files in the local storage or network drives connected to the Matrix streamer device in your network. All the music resources will be presented as a single music library in MA Remote. You can also log in to streaming service account in MA Remote to cast massive high-resolution streaming music to the Matrix devices. Through MA Remote, you can control the playback status of the device, adjust the configuration items and update the device firmware.
Matrix Audio has also released the latest version, v3.0. It is a completely rebuilt version of the application which is now available for iOS devices in the Apple store and brings a substantial amount of UI improvements and new features. The main screen of the app was updated to have quick actions of accessing your library, streaming services, internet radio, favorites and more. There are a lot of general improvements of the layout on the main interface and added features, so let's take a look at some of the new design elements which make the MA Remote app a much needed upgrade from the previous version. Check out more details about MA remote app from the Matrix website.